This blog is intended to keep my family and friends up-to-date about my
activities, thoughts and feelings, while being away from Germany "across
the pond" working as an intern at DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto, CA.

Friday, January 21

Second Telephone Interview

Two days ago on Wednesday, January 19th at 10am PST (which is 7pm CET) I had my second telephone interview with Bosch RTC at Palo Alto, CA. This time I was interviewed by Bhaskar Srinivasan, head of the communication technology department.

The interview was more or less for fun, since I already got a serious internship offer from DaimlerChrysler RTNA at Palo Alto, CA, last thursday (the contract is already on its way via FedEx, the last time I tracked it, it was already in Tamm, Germany, so it should be delivered this evening). For this reason I wasn't well prepared at all, I didn't even remember my resume correctly! ;) So the interview wasn't that good.

First I was asked about my C and C++ backgrounds and on which projects I had participated. Then he asked me about my software project at university where we did some programming based on the Linux kernel and I had to explain what a virtual address space is and what it is used for in operating systems. Later he wanted to know my favourite development tools (editor, compiler, debugger) and if I would prefer developing low level software for hardware modules or applications on a much higher level of abstraction.

All in all I think it wasn't so bad, although it could have been a lot better. I'm curious if they will contact me again! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home