This blog is intended to keep my family and friends up-to-date about my
activities, thoughts and feelings, while being away from Germany "across
the pond" working as an intern at DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto, CA.

Sunday, May 1

Cellular Services Shut Down

Tonight T-Mobile paused my contract and shut down all of my services so although my cell phone works well here you unfortunately can't call or message me at the moment. I would be glad to get some emails. I am already looking for some kind of monthly contract but still can't conclude one because I still haven't an American credit card. I also can't open up a bank account because I still have no social security number. So you see the root of the whole dependency tree is social security. Without you can't do much in the USA. It's the same for registering a car. So I hope this guy at the social security office will speed up the process a little and provide this damn number next week! Otherwise I am going to tell everybody random numbers... ;)

Stay blogged for the weekend report.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe...seems that the whole Tour of America didn't have the best start, ey?

Nontheless good to hear that everything is relatively fine...I'm looking forward to hear more news as they happen...

Have a great week...!

Ingo

Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Rico said...

Hehe, wouldn't say that. I've been lying in the Californian sun all morning, eating pineapple and drinking orange juice, while Chris and his family were in church! I'm a sinner! ;) Going shopping now...

Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ja servus, ich schreib grad mal net englisch, sonst dauert es ne Ewigkeit. Ich sitz hier gerade bei einem richtig besch... Regenwetter an der Uni im GS-Pool und sollte eigentlich in die Vorlesung gehen...

... aber der Ingo, die Schnarchnase, hat verpennt und alleine hab ich keine Lust mir die Datenbank-Grundlagen in "Grundlagen der Architektur von Anwendungssystemen anzuhören":-(

Zum Glück war wenigstens die letzten Tage das Wetter super...

Ich warte auf Blog-Updates...

Greetings from Stuttgart

Marc

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:18:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home