This blog is intended to keep my family and friends up-to-date about my
activities, thoughts and feelings, while being away from Germany "across
the pond" working as an intern at DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto, CA.

Tuesday, April 5

Consulate Trip, Visa Approved

Totally forgot to tell you that I received my long-awaited DS-2019 via mail some time ago. It's a single sheet of paper with one lousy signature. It's not even printed on golden paper, although it has cost me more than 800 bucks, okay insurance for the time being in America included.

However, everything went as expected and I could keep my appointment at the consulate last Wednesday. So accompanied by Christoph we headed towards Frankfurt. The consulate has been guarded by a tank and two cops on each corner. I had to put down all my stuff and even had to take off my belt before successfully passing the metal detector. They haven't found the Anthrax though. Joke! ;) Oh, it's ringing...

Inside the consulate we had to wait in the lounge and then had to queue up at two counters. At the first counter we had to present our documents and at the second counter we were interviewed. I guess their most important concern was that we will not return to Germany after the internship. But since we will have to finish our studies after the internship, this was absolutely no problem. Our visas have been approved and surprisingly sent via mail already two days later on Friday. All in all, the trip to the consulate was a lot easier than initially expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home