This blog is intended to keep my family and friends up-to-date about my
activities, thoughts and feelings, while being away from Germany "across
the pond" working as an intern at DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto, CA.

Thursday, February 17

Triple America Invasion

Sorry, no posts last week, since I am currently busy learning for my major exam in Distributed Systems, which will be on March, 23rd.

However, Robert had a telephone interview with DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto on Monday and guess what, he will accompany us (Christoph and me) to America, starting his internship two weeks later on May 16th. So we can stay, party and travel together, which also raises some serious problems:
  1. We don't have to make new friends in America.
  2. We are not forced to talk English all the time.
Hopefully we can avoid these problems and don't seclude ourselves by getting to know lots of cool American people and forcing ourselves to talk English all the time, even among us. Maybe every time someone says a German word, he has to pay for a round or something like that. I fear I will be drunk in America all the time! ;)

I will probably be snowboarding in Donnstetten this evening, so stay tuned...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rico, Christoph and Robert,

first of all congratualtions to you all finding these nice internships. Since my last US holiday (where two of you joined) is a few years ago, I'm thinkig about extending your "Triple America Invasion" to a "Triple + Double America Invasion", at least for a timeslot of one or two weeks. So lets see, what the summer brings...

Arthur.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:32:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rico, greetings from Sacramento, California. This is Christoph's uncle Adam. I am glad to see that things are working out for all of you. My wife Elizabeth and I will be happy to welcome you guys to California and into our home.

Friday, February 18, 2005 7:30:00 AM

 
Blogger Rico said...

Hi Adam, I am looking forward to meet you and your wife. Greetings from Germany, Rico.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:49:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home