This blog is intended to keep my family and friends up-to-date about my
activities, thoughts and feelings, while being away from Germany "across
the pond" working as an intern at DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto, CA.

Friday, May 6

04-29-2005

Went to DMV to apply for a driving license and Id. Passed the theoretical test, but had three errors though. However, had prepared for half an hour only. Adam dropped us off at Sacramento downtown. Had lunch at the Hardrock Cafe and went to the capitol afterwards, where the senate debates. Unfortunately Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't in the building, but I talked to his receptionist. Also visited the senate and assembly. "I'll be back" some time when Arnold is in session. Went to a shopping mall later and settled in a bar with their own local brewery specialized in Europian beers. Took a Mass of originally flavoured German Hefeweizen while Chris chose Wooden Heaven Ale. Enjoyed this sitting in the Californian sun. Chris got a Cingular cellphone contract from his uncle, so I will probably buy a Cingular prepaid card, since it offers unlimited free Cingular to Cingular service. Went to a nightclub in Old Sacramento in the evening, which more or less looked like a western saloon. This was completely different than in Germany. Everybody was sitting around two pianos where rock and country songs were performed on. Had some pitchers of local beer while listening to the music. No dancing though.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Servus Rico, ich warte schon längere Zeit auf ein Update. Was ist los? Keine Zeit zum Schreiben, oder was ;-)

Viele Grüße und lass mal was von dir hören

Marc

Saturday, May 21, 2005 1:10:00 PM

 
Blogger mat said...

Stimmt, was ist denn los mit dem Rico!? Kaum 'alone from home' und der gute laesst sein altes leben hinter sich ;) ?

Gruß Matze

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 5:43:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rico, you have a nice blog. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on refurbished cellular phone when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on refurbished cellular phone then drop by the site above and check it out.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:33:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rico, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on razor cellular phone when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for razor cellular phone. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about razor cellular phone at the site above.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:12:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Rico, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on nokia cellular phone accessory I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for nokia cellular phone accessory. Should the need ever arise where you need information on nokia cellular phone accessory then drop by for a look.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 3:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home