This blog is intended to keep my family and friends up-to-date about my
activities, thoughts and feelings, while being away from Germany "across
the pond" working as an intern at DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto, CA.

Thursday, January 5

Stuggi-Boogie-Benztown

Hmm, my brother is just back from Rio de Janeiro and already away again in Paraguay, having a lot of fun down there in South America and visiting a lot of cool places, just like I was used to do back in California, so I'm a bit jealous right now. It's still 3 months of "hard" work and studies until I'm gonna visit him. So I thought I should go sightseeing myself a little and headed for the Motorstadt am Neckar to see the stuff that I've already seen so many times before! :)

I made a big circle, walking from university downtown down to the main train station, up Königsstrasse to Schlossplatz, where I got some warming hot wine, then to Rotebühlplatz, Marienstrasse, Paulinenstrasse, Tübingerstrasse, Königsstrasse and back to university. Stopped at several stores, got the new SubCulture as well as the other city magazines plus some nice new flyers. An amazing thing I figured out (by discovering a new Harthouse record at Record-X-Press) is, that Harthouse has been relaunched and moved to Mannheim. Wow, is Xavier gonna cry for Harthouse now? I mean, Mannheim is not really known for its Techno Scene. But maybe I'm just too ignorant. Anyway, just listened to one of their new releases and sounds pretty acidish minimal, kinda cool. Have to check them out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home