This blog is intended to keep my family and friends up-to-date about my
activities, thoughts and feelings, while being away from Germany "across
the pond" working as an intern at DaimlerChrysler RTNA in Palo Alto, CA.

Monday, March 7

Speeding Fine Theory

It seems that speeding fines are usually sent by the district office on Saturdays similarly like employers tend to dismiss their employees on Fridays. Maybe they think it's easier to recover this way. I at least experienced the delivery on Saturdays the last two times in series.

After getting caught by a speed camera some time ago (mentioned here), I used to check the mailbox regularly on weekdays before my mom comes home from work. The theory was, that she wouldn't find out that I got caught again this way. I would simply pay the fine, get the points and that's it. No stress at all! Yeah, this was the theory...

However, after already starting to hope, that they maybe can't identify the license plate on the photo, the damn fine was delivered last Saturday morning, when I was sleeping, exactly when my parents set out for their Saturday's skiing trip. Hurray theory! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home